As they build their online presence and credibility, many users of Instagram find that it is useful to boost their profile visibility with the use of “automatic likes.” As with most social media outlets, Instagram uses popularity as a metric, meaning that a boost to the popularity will ultimately boost the visibility of the Instagram post—and in the end, the Instagram User.
The Instagram users who strategically use automatic likes find their popularity and fan base soar organically and exponentially. So who are those wise users?
The Age Demographic
Broken down by age range, the Instagram users who choose automatic likes tend (not surprisingly) to be younger users. Although youth isn’t surprising in itself, you might be surprised at how young the users start. More than 21% of Automatic Likes are utilized by teenagers between the ages of 13 and 18.
The overall age breakdown is as follows:
- 13-18 years old: 21% of Automatic Likes users
- 19-29 years old: 27%
- 30-45 years old: 30%
- 46 years & older: 22%
Niche Marketing and Automatic Likes
One of the most heavily used areas for use of Automatic Likes is the arena of niche marketing. When it comes to marketing, Instagram users are utilizing strategies for more serious means than simple popularity.
Niche use data, broken down by areas, only confirm that fact.
- 16% Photography
- 13% Fashion
- 12% Travel
- 12% Product or e-shop Promotion
- 11% Modeling
- 10% Art
- 10% Fitness
- 6% Music
- 3% Make-up & Hair Artistry
- 2% Humor
- 2% Babies
- 2% Other
- 1% Personal
Number of Followers
Another angle to examine regarding utilization of Automatic Likes is to categorize the usage according to the number of followers each user can claim. This breakdown follows a classic bell curve:
- 9% of Automatic Likes users have fewer than 1,000 followers
- 19% have 1,000-5,000 followers
- 24% have 5,000-10,000 followers
- 30% have 10,000-50,000 followers
- 16% have 50,000-100,000 followers
- 2% have more than 100,000 followers
Posts Per Day
In analyzing the most effective use of Automatic Likes, it is worthwhile to take a look at the frequency with which users are posting to their Instagram accounts. Clearly the optimal number of posts per day is around four, give or take a couple:
- 9% post less often than once per day
- 62% post 1-4 times per day
- 27% post 4-7 times per day
- 2% post more often than 7 times per day
Timing of Automatic Likes
One final area to observe with regard to Automatic Likes is the speed with which users choose to receive their likes.
With a range of timing options, here’s the breakdown of what users prefer:
- 39% Instantaneously when a post is uploaded
- 43% choose to get their likes within 5-10 minutes of posting
- 16% choose to receive likes within 10-30 minutes
- 2% prefer their likes to arrive more than 30 minutes after posting
Based on a user base of nearly five thousand Instagram experts, the above numbers should give you a good idea of how to use of Automatic Likes to get the most bang out of your bucks.